HELPS OUT-COMPETE DISEASE ORGANISMS
microbes improve nutrient uptake
Compost tea is generally used as the generic term for the official name, Actively Aerated Compost Tea (AACT). It means that extra oxygen is added into the water to promote aerobic conditions that support healthy populations of microorganisms.
Making excellent compost tea starts with good compost and quality ingredients. When brewing with high quality ingredients, you help populate diverse groups of bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes. The relationships of these microorganisms work synergistically with the plants root systems and leaf surfaces to facilitate nutrient uptake and overall health.
Here are some of the important benefits that can be gained through its use:
- Increased interactions with soil biology allow nutrients to be available at rates plants require. This means using fertilizers 1/2 to 1/3 of the time.
- Out-compete disease causing organisms using foliar sprays. This means beneficial organisms occupy the plants surface, which leaves no room for pathogens to infect the plant.
- Recharge recycled soil allowing it to be reused infinitely. This means focusing on amending the soil instead of buying more, which saves you money and the labor of having to transport soil.
- Increase water-holding capacity of soils thereby reducing overall water use. This means stewardship.
- Build soil poor in structure. This is helpful for agriculture land that needs conditioning to improve topsoil by creating a thicker O horizon.
- Repair soil damaged by synthetic fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. This means decomposing toxins and reestablishing a healthy soil foodweb.
Below is a list of all the current ingredients we use for our recipes. These ingredients are not usually used all at once. They also vary in amount for each recipe we provide in The Original Compost Tea Calculator™. Our recipes provide well-balanced ratios of essential nutrients, which in turn promote plant growth, vigor and yields as well as an increased resistance to pests and pathogens. The app that uses these ratios was designed with the help of advanced biological algorithms that are progressive in advancing organic and biological farming practices.
*We will be adding new nutrients and recipes as our app evolves…
BASIC RULES FOR MAKING QUALITY COMPOST TEA
- Use dechlorinated water
- Use quality ingredients
- Keep your tea well oxygenated
- Use a tea bag of 400 micron (~39 mesh) for best results
- Keep track of the time your tea is brewing
- Don’t use sour, foul or putrid smelling compost tea
- Clean your equipment! Don’t let the biofilm (slime) build up
- Go buy The Original Compost Tea Calculator™!
- Have fun creating life!!!